What's new

Norah Jones: SACD When??? (1 Viewer)

Derek Baker

Stunt Coordinator
I know this is always being discussed, but when is the SACD for Norah's album actually being released? I haven't heard any news or seen any reviews...

I'm one of the few people who have held off buying the CD in anticipation for the SACD - maybe i should not wait any longer and get the redbook CD seeing it's now so cheap!

This is one of the few releases that i'm REALLY waiting on :)

Derek Baker

Stunt Coordinator
Ok so June 10 seems to be the release date...i love answering my own posts!!

I did find this paragraph over at www.audiorevolution.com however;

Insiders at EMI who have a pre-release copy of the Norah Jones record tell AudioRevolution.com that the surround mix is subtle like being in the club with Norah and less like a more aggressive surround mix as you will find on the recently released Dark Side of the Moon.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Derek, yes, it appears that June 10th is the day...for now. I wouldn't camp out at your local store the night before if I were you based on the way things have gone with this title. ;)

Some people here and on Audio Asylum claimed to have the SACD already. I don't know how that can be. Perhaps they had the CD and didn't know it. :confused:

Thanks for sharing the comments on the surround-sound mix. If that's true, it will be a real treat. A club-like mix suits the album perfectly. A whiz-bang, in-your-face mix would be a disaster. Completely inappropriate.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
A local store said it was in the computer and ordered me a copy. I hope it comes soon. I ordered it wendsday last....

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I haven't received mine from Circuit City yet, either, but I'll be sure to let everyone know if it arrives early.
Nor have I. I also have Blue Train on pre-order there, and have yet to receive shipping confirmation for that title either. I am guessing these will be shipped out next week sometime. On a positive note, my copy of Peter Gabriel up on SACD has shipped, so I will at least have some new music to listen to next week.

J

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Emil, thanks for the information. I pre-ordered the Steely Dan Everything Must Go DVD-Audio disc from circuitcity.com and despite the official release date being the 10th, I got an e-mail message a couple of days ago telling me that it has shipped. I guess circuitcity.com is trying to get new releases to people on or before the release date, which is a good thing!

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Circuit City has shipped my copy of Norah Jones, along with Blue Train. It looks like after countless delays, the Blue Note SACD will finally get here (however I won't believe it until I actually have the disc in my hands...these discs have literally been delayed 5 times).

J

Al B. C

Supporting Actor
The Fed Ex man just dropped off my copy about 20 minutes ago.

Can't wait to get home and hear this one. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks