What's new

Noobie looking at recievers, need some advice. (1 Viewer)

myke_b

Auditioning
I was looking at the Pioneer VSX-D814 but then came across some info here on the board about the Panasonic SA XR50.

I know they are different beasts but is there thing that would make you lean to one or the other ?? I have read some where about subwoofer crosser not low enuff on the panasonic, it that true ??

It will be used mostly for movies and I have Klipch synergy speakers. ( small dayton sub soon to be purchased )

I would like to stay under $400. I might be able to scraoe some funds to get the VSX-1014, but it would be a strech. thx

James Phung

Second Unit
I've got the 1014 and its great. You can get it under $400 but you'd have to go the unauthorized retailer route.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'd look used or at least at closeouts on last year's models. You should be able to pick up Onkyo's TX-SRX01 line relatively cheap right now with the new models coming out. I picked up an SR601 for $399 open box for a system I recently installed, and the 501 was less.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks