What's new

Noobie Help (1 Viewer)

r1c0

Auditioning
Real Name
Rico
planning to buy a home theater system and a new tv budget is around $3000 for both, room size is 10 sq ft.

so far these are what i'm planning to get:
http://www.samsung.com/Products/TV/D...S4266WXXAA.asp = around $2000

package of speakers, amp, dvd player = $1000
speakers: http://www.jbl.com/home/products/pro...CheckProduct=Y

amp: http://www.harmankardon.com/product_...%20140&sType=C

dvd player: http://www.harmankardon.com/product_...D%2027&sType=C

this is my first to have these and it took me awhile to save up for it so hopefully i don't make any mistakes... thanks

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Rico - you're paying way too much for that Samsung, it can be found for as low as $1,150. For $2,000 you could purchase a 50" Hitachi UltraVision and have lots of change to spare. Are you located in the States?

The rest of your URL's are broken, so you'll need to repost them.

r1c0

Auditioning
Real Name
Rico
i'm from the philippines i guess they cost higher here. links are fixed now sorry.

r1c0

Auditioning
Real Name
Rico
i just called the shop and the price of that tv now is $1700, and they also offered me a 42 inch samsung plasma for $1900, which is better DLP or Plasma? or there are other brands to consider.

the room is only 10 sq ft. and i'd like the setup to last upto 5 years without any upgrade.

r1c0

Auditioning
Real Name
Rico

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Hi Rico - the B&W DM604's are certainly a good choice, however you will need a far more capable receiver in order to bring the most out of these speakers. Instead I would recommend:

Fronts: B&W DM603
Center: B&W LCR-60
Surrounds: B&W DM600

An alternative speaker system to audition might be the Paradigm Studio Series:

Fronts: Paradigm Studio 60
Center: Paradigm Studio CC-470
Surrounds: Paradigm Studio ADP-470

For receiver, I would recommend auditionning the Denon AVR-3806 or Rotel RSX-1057, both of which pair very well with the above systems. For subwoofer I would recommend SVS or HSU, if they are available in your country.

You can certainly start out with the front speakers and a sub, and build up to a 5.1 system over time.

As for DVD player, I would avoid the Samsung. My recommendations would be a Denon DVD-1730 or DVD-1930CI. Alternatively, an Oppo 970 or Oppo 971, if they are available in your country.

r1c0

Auditioning
Real Name
Rico
thanks alot for your input :)

i'm going for the b&w 603 and denon dvd-1930CI, but the receiver's u suggested are beyond my budget, i'll look for the speakers and sub you recommended, however i havent seen yet the brands you mentioned. (paradigm, svs, hsu, oppo)

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
You may also want to audition the Monitor Audio Silver Series (also made in the UK, they compete with B&W)

Fronts: Monitor Audio RS6
Center: Monitor Audio RS-LCR
Surrounds: Monitor Audio RS1

These pair very well with a Denon AVR-2807 or Denon AVR-3806.

r1c0

Auditioning
Real Name
Rico
i havent seen Monitor Audio here too but l'll be on the lookout for these brands that you recommended.

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Last but not least, I would recommend the Denon AVR-2807 receiver over the Onkyo TX-SR803. The AVR-2807 is a far more capable receiver, at a similar price point. Enjoy your new system!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks