noob svs question.

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by EmanuelG, Jul 31, 2004.

1. EmanuelG

EmanuelG Auditioning

I just ordered an svs pci-2531 online[​IMG], and i was wondering if i can tune it to 22db like i read some people having. I didn't see the option online but i guess you can do it your self or do you have to ask svs? If you can, you do with an spl and a calab disk right? If i made a bad assumption i apologize to svs.Thanks

2. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

PM sent your way.

3. JohnSmith

JohnSmith Supporting Actor

No you can't adjust the tuner as the PCi have fixed tune. The PC Plus & PC Ultra have adjustable tune.

You can ask SVS to ask for a 22hz tuned PCI, it'll just be a slightly taller than the 25hz model (but less than the 20hz)

4. Edward J M

Edward J M Cinematographer

The cylinder is the same size. The 22 Hz tune vent is 15" long vs. 12" long for the stock 25 Hz tune.

You need to ask for the 22 Hz tune in the comment block when you order.

5. EmanuelG

EmanuelG Auditioning

Ok thanks for the info.

6. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

As mentioned in my PM, if the unit is already in transit? Would not a guy be able to swap out the 25hz tuning port for the 22hz port at home. Would it only require removing a few screws and then replacing? It would give EmanuaelG two options in tuning if the interest is there and not require shipping the unit back. Admittedly in theory anyway?

7. Edward J M

Edward J M Cinematographer

Sure, Steve - the vent can be swapped out at home without much trouble, and extra vents aren't too expensive. IIRC, the 15" vent is simply the stocker from the 20-39 enclosure and SVS certainly has them in stock.

All SVS products were designed to be modular, and any part (amp, woofer, grill, vent, baseplate) can be swapped out in a matter of minutes. The "22-31" option is quite popular, too.

8. EmanuelG

EmanuelG Auditioning

The sub has not shipped out yet as i order'd it on saturday. You think if i call them monday morning to swap for a 22Hz port, they would do it? It would cost extra right? Steve thanks for the pm.

9. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

No it shouldn't/doesn't cost any more. I would send them a mail today and give them a call like you say first thing in the morning.

Congrats

10. EmanuelG

EmanuelG Auditioning

I emailed svs today asking if i can still get the 22Hz tuned version expecting a reply tommorow, and whatyouknow [email protected] replied today on a sunday! There support is truly good. I figured i would have to call instead by the time they get to my email,but be to late as they had shipped it out. I can now put that to rest.

11. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Excellent.[​IMG]