Noob - New System

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by JohnLe, Dec 16, 2003.

1. JohnLe

JohnLe Auditioning

Hello everyone,

I just join this forum and the informations here are great and you guys are very knowlegeable. I just got a Bose Lifestyle 25 cost me $2000 for my parent and I dont like the sound of it. I will be moving out about 3 months and looking for a new HT for around $1500 or less and my family room is 15ft x 15ft . So far I read and read and this what i came up with.

H/K AVR 125 or 225
    Fluance SX-HTB
    Dayton 10'' Sub

Total price is about $900

or

Rocket ELT bundle package for $1250

This system is mainly for 70/30 DVD/CD respectively. Thanks for any inputs.

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Let's discuss your situation here, in Speakers/Subwoofers. The Basics area is for general information, not discussion of specific speaker models.

3. ChrisLazarko

ChrisLazarko Supporting Actor

Well for starters your on the right track with the recievers.

The speakers look fine to me, but I might go to an audio store to check out what you like the best. Make sure you take a listen to everything because if you buy off the internet and don't like them, returning them is usually a pain in the butt.

As for a subwoofer, the Dayton is a great entry-level subwoofer and although I haven't heard it personally everyone says that it's great and get some really good bass responce.

If you can shell out a little more money you should definantly look at some SVS subwoofers. There entry-level sub is $550 and gets some great bass responce. The 25-31PCi. Take a look at it, you will be impressed.

4. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

Well, in this price range you have several options. First of all, you can get the ELT package w/sub for $899 delivered from ACI. And yes, it is the same system.

Now, you may consider something such as the nOrh 4.0 video package for $850, HSU VTF-2 for $450, and Denon AVR-483 for $168.09 but that is only an idea.

5. Tim Ranger

Tim Ranger Stunt Coordinator

If I read ACI's website right. They not only offer free shippiing, but a holiday special of $100 instant store credit AND a 5 year warranty on the ELT!