What's new

Non-receipt from User-Manuals com (1 Viewer)

vanzeenith

Auditioning
Real Name
louis
http://www.user-manuals.com/account_...p?order_id=322

Hello
This is my first post.
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

There are several providers out there on the net for user manuals and service repair manuals.
One in particular ,I paid for a service manual for a Marantz A/V SR480 on oct 12th [ 16 days ago]
They have not delivered the goods [download in PDF] ..they do not respond to emails ..the bank transfer payment, to them, goes through 2checkout.com [similar to paypal]
I believe they [usermanuals.com] are located in Poland ,and there are several sites on the internet that seem very similar ,but differently named.

My question is:
Does anyone on HTF have any dealings with these sorts?
thank you
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

btibi

Auditioning
Real Name
Bryan Tibbetts
I was ripped off also.

I ordered a manual for a Casio Keyboard and paid through PayPal on 9/10/07. I received an email the following morning that said to log on my manual was ready. I downloaded the manual and it was in a foriegn language. I made several request for a refund and never got a response. I then went through the dispute process with PayPal. After several emails over a couple weeks I finally got an email from PayPal that read:
"You have chosen to escalate your dispute to a PayPal claim. By ending communication with the seller, you are asking PayPal to investigate the case and decide the outcome. As part of our investigation, PayPal reviewed any communication you may have had in the Resolution Center.

Our investigation into your claim is complete. As stated in our User Agreement, the claims process only applies to the shipment of goods. It does not apply to complaints about the attributes or quality of goods received. Therefore, we are unable to reverse this transaction or issue a refund. "

I then read through PayPals refund policy and found something that said "Significantly Not as Described dispute". I then requested PayPal to intervine according to that policy, a manual advertised in English is "significantly not as described" if it arrives in a foriegn language, right? Then PayPal responded with this one:

"In order to qualify for PayPal Buyer Protection, a payment has to be recognized by the PayPal system as being associated with an eBay auction. As this payment was not sent as an eBay payment, the payment does not qualify for PayPal Buyer Protection.

We encourage you to work directly with the seller for further resolution."

Why anyone would choose payPal over a credit card makes no sense in regard to buyer protection when purchasing outside of Ebay. If I would of used a credit card I could of just reversed the charges.

Buyer Beware of User Manuals and PayPal buyer protection outside of Ebay. Actually this has caused me to look further into PayPay policy regarding EBay transactions and I was quite surprised how weak it is . I suggest anyone to read through ALL OF PAYPAL AND EBAYS POLICIES.

I will never again use PayPal outside of EBay. And never for anything over $200 in Ebay.

User Manuals is a rip-off.

btibi

Auditioning
Real Name
Bryan Tibbetts
PayPal Update 10/8/07

I got so angry how Usermanuals and PayPal were treating me, I read through all of PayPals policies and found this:

"14. Disputes with PayPal.
14.1 Contact PayPal First. If a dispute arises between you and PayPal, our goal is to learn about and address your concerns and, if we are unable to do so to your satisfaction, to provide you with a neutral and cost effective means of resolving the dispute quickly. Disputes between you and PayPal regarding our Services may be reported to Customer Service online through the PayPal Help Center at any time, or by calling (402) 935-2050 from 6 AM to midnight Central Time. "

So I called the phone # at 10:45 pm and I got to who I needed to talk to right away and within 2 minutes the gentleman politely apologized and issued a full refund. Can you believe it! After 3 weeks of e-mails, 1 phone call to that number solved the problem.

I could not believe PayPal would risk losing a customer over 10 bucks! I guess it pays to keep your cool and "never let em see your teeth" , an old russian saying I learned a long time ago.

Well, I'm glad they resolved it so I can continue using PayPal. I really like EBay. I was actually never going to use PayPal again over that stupid Usermanuals dispute. Usermanuals never did respond to any of my emails. I sent at least a dozen over a 4 week period!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation380
Recent bookmarks