Non-projection HDTVs

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Rob_V, Jul 2, 2003.

1. Rob_V

Rob_V Agent

Anyone know any decent non-projection HDTVs other than the Tau and those new Samsungs? Those are the only ones I've seen and I'm having trouble finding any others.

2. Erik Farstad

Erik Farstad Supporting Actor

You can look at the Philips line...I have their 30PW9819 which uses their new Pixel Plus technology and it's stunning! [​IMG] They also make a 34" model...

E

3. DarrellP

DarrellP Stunt Coordinator

The new Phillips is supposed to make Analog sources look almost HD. The reviewers could not believe their eyes. I've considered this set myself to set below the pj screen for casual viewing.

4. Erik Farstad

Darell, you're right...some DVD's look HD on my set! [​IMG] Get a good transfer and you'll be amazed. You can switch between progressive scan and pixel plus to compare as well. I have my progressive scan dvd player connected but feed the TV the interlaced signal...cause I like Pixel Plus that much! [​IMG] Even satellite pictures look stunning...and when you get a good signal like from the Sci-fi channel or other movie channels they too even look close to HiDef! They're rather pricey given their size but since my wife wanted a set that would fit in a corner cabinet...this one was no brainer! :wink:

Plus the new 30/34PW9819 models have HDCP DVI inputs as well! [​IMG] Last years, 18' models do not have DVI inputs...FYI...

E

5. DarrellP

DarrellP Stunt Coordinator

I've seen the 34" Philips going for around $1800 so it's in the same price range as the Sony 34" widescreen sets.

6. Erik Farstad

Oh, my bad...I should have clarified...many say for $1,800 why not get a larger RPTV instead of a smaller Tube HD set...that's what I meant. :b But then you don't get the Pixel Plus and then some just don't want that big a set, etc....thanks for helping me clarify my misplaced point! [​IMG]

E