What's new

non-HD to HDTV contrast (1 Viewer)

Grady Hollums

Second Unit
Real Name
D.G. Hollums
I have noticed that the TV shows on my non-Hd cable are very dark in nature especially compared to my Digital Video calibrated setting to my dvd player numbers for contrast.

I was wondering if when I get my HDTV receiver is my over the air channels are much better when it comes to contrast? Sometimes when I watch a VCR recorded non-HD cable broadcast, it is almost too dark to see some times, and I hate to push more contrast on my cable viewing, because I don't want burn-in on my Toshiba 50Hx81 HDTV.

Thanks for your help!

David Abrams

Stunt Coordinator
Grady,

How is your system hooked up? Are you watching non-HD cable through the component video input on your set? Did you calibrate the DVD Player through the component input at well (doesn't have to be the same input).

On the Toshiba sets there are separate offsets in the service/designer menu for component 480i, component 480p, 1080i, S-video, ect. The settings you may have setup for your DVD Player may not directly correspond to what you should be using for cable. If your DVD Player was in the Progressive mode I would go back and try setting up the input for your cable box.

Good Luck, :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks