What's new

Non downloadable movie trailers (1 Viewer)

Eggert

Agent
Why is it that I can't download movie trailers to my computer? Why do studios force me to stream the trailers over the internet every time I want to check out a trailer?
I often want to show trailers to family and friends, however, not being able to download the trailers (and thus just play them directly of my hard drive) stops me from doing this, because I am not going to stream trailers over the internet every time I want to show a trailer to someone.
I just don't get it. The studios are basically making it very difficult for me to advertise their product for them. :confused:
Best regards,
Eggert

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I can download movie trailers to my heart's content. :emoji_thumbsup: All you have to do is spring for QuickTime Pro. :D

Duane Robinson

Second Unit
Why would I pay money to view someone's commercials. That's what trailers are and if I have no other use for Quicktime besides watching trailers then that's all I would be spending money for. I like watching trailers as much as the next guy but I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay just to do so. I'll just wait to see it on TV or if it happens to play before a movie I'm watching at the theater.

Aaron Wisner

Agent
comingsoon.net has quite a few that are downloadable (use save target).

it might be an option in your quicktime config, but the movie files are *sometimes* saved to a temp internet explorer folder. use the windows search function and look for "*.mov", and it will display any file in quicktime format.

Eggert

Agent
All you have to do is spring for QuickTime Pro.
I knew about this. But I have to agree with Duane about this. Forcing me to purchase Quicktime Pro for the privilege (heavy on the sarcasm here) of downloading trailers is just not acceptable.

I have for the most part ignored trailers online and just wait to see them at the theater. And I am probably not the only one. So the studios have all these trailers on their movie websites but have made it so difficult for us to watch them (just think about those of us who do not have cable or a DSL connection) that many probably just ignore them.

Best regards,
Eggert

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
You don't need QT Pro to save them to your harddrive, only to to do it within QT, and only then when you are 'allowed' to. I hate streaming them because my connection is fairly slow, so I do my best to get the real link and save it before watching. If you check a few of the recent threads on new trailers I have tried to share those links but the vB software wasn't being helpful so I am just putting the links up on a webpage Link Removed and share that whenever something new comes out. I dislike that you are required to jump through hoops to see a commercial.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
It's irritating that official sites don't allow trailer downloads. I like to watch some trailers multiple times, and don't like to download everytime. Even if I have broadband, it's still a hassle.

I'm glad ripping sites exist.

Perry Jonkheer

Second Unit
Does anyone have problems playing trailers?? I have a Dell Pentium 2.0 Pentium IV with 384mb of RAM and an ATI Radeon with 32mb of DDR. However, most of the time when I playback quicktime trailers the video is very slow and choppy. Any ideas??

Thanks.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Perry, if you're playing them back from a stream off the net, you're not downloading fast enough to play it smoothly

If it's from your hard drive, dunnno what to tell you

Perry Jonkheer

Second Unit
It doesn't matter if the trailer is on my HD or not. It happens in the browser and off the HD. Even so, if I play the trailer of the web, I wait for the entire clip to download before starting it.

DanHaya

Second Unit
Does QuickTime Pro allow you to save streaming video files? I'm having a problem viewing some video files on a particular website that streams their files. QuickTime only buffers about 3 seconds, so the video freees up after a few seconds. I've played around with my connection settings, but it hasn't helped. Any ideas?

Rob T

Screenwriter
A couple months ago, if I could get the direct link to the file on the Apple server, I could downoad it. Now when I try that, all I get is a stupid gif file. Luckily, I was able to find the trailers on Kazaa. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation625
Recent bookmarks