What's new

non autorized denon (1 Viewer)

Matt Weldy

Second Unit
Is purchasing from a non authorized denon dealer dangerous. It almost saves a grand. And does anybody recommend on of these etailers. I would be really interested in somebodys response if theyve had a problem. But I want everybodys opinion.

Thanks

Geoff S

Stunt Coordinator
You take a chance either way. Having an Authorized warrenty garuntees quick, and accurate reapir if your machine breaks down.

Denon's are not known for breaking down, and if you run it the way it is supposed to be run there should be no problem (no experimenting on it, or trying to do something with it not recomending it or letting it overheat). Getting a Denon product from a non authorized dealer means a repair may take longer, not be done by Denon, but rather the people you got it from, and then you run a risk of it not being fixed correctly, or in worst case scnerio you're stuck with a dead machine.

Think about it carefully before making a choice. If you do decide to go with a non authorized dealer ensure they have a good record with the BBB and have good ratings from real people who've bought from them, so you may want to look around.

Just for reference I got a Denon 4802 from Sound Distributors for $1,800 and haven't had any problems with getting it, or its performance. I just couldn't spend $2,500 plus 8.25% sales tax on this receiver, but wanted it enough to go this route.

You need to go to Denon's website and then PHONE contact each of the authorized internet dealers. You will be amazed at the discounts available. I called one and told them the going internet price from the NON-authorized dealers and they came within $200 and you get full factory warrantee then. There are several quality suppliers - 6ave is one to try.
Pete in Louisiana

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor
I can help you if you want to stay authorized, email me if you want. I would defintely buy from some authorized dealer if I were you.

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
Call 6th ave for Denons. They will give you the best price and they are an Authorized dealer for everything they sell. Jr, OADES, ONECALL for a crosscheck on non-Denon stuff.:D

DaveDel

Auditioning
Like PeterKuhlman's post from a few days ago I'd like to encourage anyone interested in ordering Denon equipment to call the internet dealers listed on Denon's website. I called all the companies listed (except Sears of course). A few of them would only match advertised pricing from authorized dealers. This was no help since they all put list prices on their sites. I did find a few that would discount and worked on them the hardest. After a few calls I finally got a Denon 4802 from one of them for under $1700 delivered. They matched the lowest price I'd found, dispite the fact it was from a non-authorized internet dealer. I got a great price and now don't have to worry about warranty issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks