What's new

noise mitigationin ductwork (1 Viewer)

Matt Praissman

Auditioning
Hi, y'all...got a problem
Here in the frat house I have a duct that's a shared air-return for the next room over. It's about six feet long, with air filters and grilles on each end, and a shared return duct in the middle that goes up to the roof. Being that this is a short duct, a fraternity house, and we're all loud, it's quite the medium for transmitting noise from one room to another. Anyway, the guy on the other end of it and I want to pick up some of this 'sound control board' we saw at Home Depot. It's in 4x8 sheets and it's a dark-brown felt/wood composite or something. We want to build a baffle right in the middle of the duct where the up-duct is, effectively splitting it into 2 discrete returns and stop the noise from going through the duct...any thoughts?
Matt Praissman
[email protected]

Mac F

Agent
it would probably help some, but don't expect perfection. You might also line the duct with fiberglass, if it is an older building with metal ductwork, this would be worthwhile; be sure not to overstuff the duct and block air flow
i'm glad you posted, i had read about sound board, but didn't have any idea where to get it
;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks