What's new

Noise in new HT system (1 Viewer)

Jack Keck

Second Unit
I finally got my Pioneer receiver from Refurbdepot.com after UPS, uh, misplaced it. I have everything hooked up and it all seems to be working od except for this loud buzz that comes through the system when either a commercial comes on or if a title is imposed on the screen such as the sub-titles used in "Law & Order". It also occurred in random instances when I played my DVD of Zardoz. I didn't notice it when I played a VHS tape. The monitor out on the receiver is plugged into my el cheapo tv via a video cable from the receiver to a RF converter that aoolws a connection to the screw-on antenna input on the tv. That is the only connection on that tv.

Thank you in advance for your advice and suggesstons.

Marc Rochkind

Second Unit
Some more info would help.

Where is the sound coming from? Speakers attached to the receiver? TV? Both?

Try to isolate the problem by first turning off the TV while you are hearing the buzzing.

Also, move some components. Get the speakers away from the TV, away from the receiver, away from each other. Move cables around. Move the receiver away from other things. Etc.

paul watkins

Stunt Coordinator
i get this sound,its like a high pitch hum.only on non digital channels,mostly during sporting events and commercials. someone told me to get line conditioners.but i thought that was for power only.

Jack Keck

Second Unit
OK. You ain't gonna believe how I think I fixed this. The noise was coming from the tv, or more accurately, the speakers in the tv. I mistakenly hit the volume on the remote, turning up the volume at just the right moment, i. e., when the tv was making the noise. It never occurred to me that I had to turn the sound down on the tv when I hooked everything up to the receiver. :b I still get some interference on teh screen, but it is nowhere as annoying as the noise was.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks