What's new

Noise in my two main speakers, what causes this? (1 Viewer)

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
I just bought a new entertainment center and moved all my gear into it. Video gear on the left rack, TV in the center part, Audio gear/Receiver on the right rack. Ever since I reconneceted everything, I'm getting a fast clcking electrical noise only in my two mains. The center and surr are fine. I even get them in headphones. Only when I play DVD's and only when the DVD is putting out an audio signal. It stops when the FBI warning displays and audio free menu's etc. Only when any type of audio is send from the DVD player the noise is present. I figure its somewhere between the DVD player and the input on my receiver.
I'm running Digital Coax (Shielded AR Performance series 75 ohm Video cable 12') from the DVD to the Receiver. This did not happen before when the DVD player was in the other TV stand using the same cable but in a 6' version. I have a sony 560 DVD player and a Yamaha RXV620 receiver. Could it be the cable? The sound sounds like the internal sound the DVD player makes when its very quiet. A fast high pitched clicking sound.
Any ideas on what could be the problem?

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
It is the only mechanical change but it is a longer run and it does cross over the TV and a bunch of other cables, could this induce some noise?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks