What's new

Noise-Cancelling Headphones (1 Viewer)

Nevin

Agent
Hi, I was wondering just how much noise noise-cancelling headphones can block out. I was thinking of buying a pair for when I'm mowing the lawn (which is much too large). Do you think a pair of these would block out most of the engine sound from a noisy riding mower? If so, are there any models that you could recommend for under $100? Thanks in advance.

P.S. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I didn't know where to put it.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
This is probably more of a "Tweeking" post, but no problem.

Because of the comfort/weight, you would be better off using shooting muffs or the foam ear-plugs sold at the drug store.

The noise-canceling headphones are not usually designed for really-loud equipment noises. The are more designed to filter out airplane engine noises on long trips, or office noise. They are also desgined to plug into a portable CD player/radio which would up the price if you dont already have one.

I did buy the $300 Bose headphones for a daughter taking long plane trips. For office use, a co-worker thought they did an ok job (he sat near some people who used the phone a lot). But a day or so later he returned them because he kept being startled by people walking into his cubicle.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Check out the in-ear style headphones by Etymotic. You might be able to find the ER-6s for ~$100. These block 20dB+ of noise and have excellent SQ as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks