What's new

Noah's Ark 1929 (1 Viewer)

stevenHa

Second Unit
Does anyone know the status or have any upcoming news about Warner Brother's 1929 Noah's Ark coming to DVD - has anyone seen the film ? The trailer looks spectacular so I would think there should be interest - maybe via the Archives (I read that it was preserved/restored).

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
In a similar vein of curiosity, I'm wondering about Don Juan (shown in the early WA trailers) and The Vikings (announced in WA but pulled days later), both silents. Don Juan was rumored for a summer release this year, but it didn't seem to materialize.

I'd also like to know the status of Noah's Ark. I don't suppose there are further efforts to reconstruct it.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I remember owning an 8mm abridged version of this in the 60's, and found the highlights to be very impressive. It was rumored that a few stuntmen lost their lives filming the floor sequences, but that rumor went around for BEN HUR (1959) also, and apparently was not true. I could see Warner Bros. adding this to their Archive series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks