What's new

No wonder the Jedi are "all but extinct"... (1 Viewer)

Joel...Lane

Second Unit
Real Name
Joel
Very true. I had read that story as well. I still feel bad for them even though their padawan skills are lacking. They must be burned quite bad to be in critical condition.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I thought this kind of stuff only happened in Germany or Florida. :crazy: (You won't get that unless you listen to the Love Lines.)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

Nope, we have them here as well. Star Wars isn't quite the cultural phenomenon here that it is in the USA, but there's still a high nerd content - oops, I mean proportion of intelligent people with a by no means pathetic obsession with a kids' film - in the UK. ;) You may recall that 'Jedi' is now listed as a religion in the UK after a sufficient proportion put this down as their religion in the last national census. This in part was no doubt due to sad souls who really do believe that The Force is a religion, but in most cases it is probably attributable to filling in the census form after coming home from the pub.

All joking aside, I hope this couple of people do recover.

MikeSerrano

Second Unit

It's "Loveline". Loveline. One word, no "s".

Adam would send his attack crows to your house if he knew you were calling it "Love Lines".

:)

-Mike

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I'm itching to insert a Darth Vader volcano fight joke here, but these poor people have suffered enough. I guarantee someone will before this thread is out.

andrew - I don't think you want to associate these two with the intelligence level of British nerds. We in the States understand the Springer phenomenon (how there are dumb people everywhere at all cultural levels all of the time), but any HTFers connecting from France might get the wrong idea. Not that the French would like to think of Brits as stupid or anything :D

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member

I think the French have enough on their plate at the moment, so they're unlikely to be paying much attention. A Europe-wide opinion poll last week found they were the most hated nation in Europe (and if you look round Europe, that is against some pretty stiff competition). :D

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams

Not necessarily. The second way to qualify for the award is to render yourself incapable of reproducing, thereby removing yourself from the gene pool.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
Lacking in common sense, engaging in stupid behavior that would give most intelligent people pause, and just about taking themselves out of the gene pool...

They would be up for Honorable Mentions, except the girl is 17, and that comes up borderline on the maturity guidelines on the Darwin Awards.

www.darwinawards.com

There actually HAVE been living Darwin Award Winners, but the criteria is that they have to have removed themselves from the gene pool.

That usually means...

Okay, all you men posting in this thread or reading it, please place your hands on your flies and brace yourselves...
castration by some spectacularly stupid method. Usually painful, such as the guy who decided to use his vacuum cleaner to satisfy his urges, not realizing that the suction power was created by a rapidly rotating blade just inside the machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks