No Water since November and I am MAD!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken Garrison, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Ken Garrison

Ken Garrison Supporting Actor

Early November, we noticed we were losing water pressure. Then the pressure ended up to ZERO. So, we called the lawyer, who now takes the rent money because the landlord died, and told him we got no water. So he called a plumber and they went and put a new pump down there. They did a terrible job and did it in a cheap-assed way. We only had enough pressure fill the toilet and run the faucet. Not enough to run the shower. They also told us the pressure tank is also bad. Well, WhyTF didn't they replace it? Bastards!! I wanted more pressure, so I went down to the pump house and adjusted it so the motor will run just a little longer. Well, apparently, that piece of shit overheated and burned out. Not supposed to do that. Electric motors are supposed to last forever. But not this piece of crap. We told the lawyer it had burned out again. And now he refuses to have it fixed. He don't wanna put more money in it. What an asshole, don't you think? So, we had stopped paying rent and been living here since November without water. I know it sucks. I have to haul water everyday and it's getting very old. My dad's the one who's been paying the rent. I wish he'd do more than just see if we can fix it ourselfs. If I were him, I'd give the lawyer a piece of my mind. He looks like Bill Gates, BTW. Even if this place IS up for sale and they would like us out of there, they HAVE to supply us with water. This is bullshit. Now with my grandma gone, we can no longer have our clothes wash there and take a shower at the apartment she lived in. We gotta drive 30 miles outta our way to wash clothes, and I have to take a shower at the local Marina where they have separate shower rooms.

What should we do about this? We are looking for another house. No go. Found one, but the guy who owns it wants to sell it and not rent it. I understand we haven't been paying rent, but can we sue? Even if we haven't been paying rent, we can't afford a new pressure tank, new pump, and a new line going to the house, since the other one is plugged. This is illegal and SOMETHING has GOT to be DONE. I should post his name and address and phone number on here so you guys can tell him how rotten he is. But, I won't. Please give me some advice.

2. Richard Travale

Richard Travale Producer

Rich Travale
    Sounds like you should be talking to a lawyer, and not the one that takes the rent from you. I recall seeing on the news about slum landlords getting sued and like it or not, without water you are living in a slum. Go talk to a lawyer and I bet you'll have running water within the week. Of course you will probably be evicted for withholding rent. I would start looking for a new place as well.

3. Ken Garrison

Ken Garrison Supporting Actor

We're trying.