No. VA "White Van" Speaker Alert - with a twist...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Wayne Ernst, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

I live in western Fairfax county and was filling my car up with gas at my local Centreville Exxon station. While there, a grey mid-80s Chevrolet van approached me with the typical speech: "These were leftovers from an install and my manager won't let me bring them back to the warehouse." The person had a picture in some unknown audio magazine that he showed me. Needless to say, the brand listed in the magazine didn't match the markings on the boxes in the back of his van. He wanted $200 each for this "fabulous" $649 speakers. Thanks to this forum, I knew about this scam so I just let him talk while I quietly snickered to myself. As I mentioned before, the twist is that he had a grey van and not the typical white van that is usually associated with these deals. The van had Virginia plates - "NICOTAN".
    I'm thinking about calling the police non-emergency number tomorrow since I have the licence plate information along with a description of this van. Maybe, they can find something to write this fool up for.

2. James Bergeron

James Bergeron Supporting Actor

I'm pretty sure it's not illegal unless of course they aren't charging tax! They are like travelling salesman.

3. Rory Buszka

Rory Buszka Supporting Actor

People are about to get hosed if something isn't done to stop this hoser.

4. Roberto Carlo

Roberto Carlo Second Unit

I've seen that guy or his buddies in a parking lot in Annandale, by the Giant in Kingstowne and several other places. It's summer! That means that along with with heat and humidity, there's a 50% chance of white vans selling speakers in the forecast. [​IMG]