No Thread about Stargate SG-1?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by GeorgeTW, Jan 7, 2003.

1. GeorgeTW

GeorgeTW Stunt Coordinator

Not sure about the rest of you, but I am excited about new episodes of SG-1. Every Monday night, I am camped in front of my Home Theater.
    About this past week's run, with the episode called FAIR GAME.
    If SGC wanted to confuse and delay the System Lords from attacking the earth, all they needed to do was close the iris before the 3 snakeheads emerged from the stargate as they arrived for the conferance.
    Poof! Three of the most powerful system lords, killed outright by the puny humans!!
    As much as I Iike the creative talent behnd the SG-1 show, sometimes they think too hard [​IMG]

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

That is not a new episode, that's a Season 3 episode, we are now approaching the latter half of Season 6

Had they blown away Cronus, Nerti and Yu, the other System Lords would have smote Earth so fast it's not even funny. There are at least a dozen System Lords (not counting the underling Goa'uld) besides those three, and SG-1 has pissed off about half of them at one time or another

And no, I don't think the Asgard would have been able to step in in time, nor would they since we would have broken the rules of the conference.

3. GeorgeTW

When I referred to new episodes, I meant the ones starting next week.

I realize the monday night run is old stuff, but considering they aired on premium channels first, a great many are new to me!

4. Jeff Kleist

George, your local UHF station (usually FOX) carries the eps on about an 18 month delay. They're showing Season 5 right now
    The episode Friday isn't new either, it was aired in the UK in early December [​IMG] As of tomorrow Sci-Fi is a full month behind the UK

5. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

It looks like Sci-Fi's episode this Friday is the start of their new season. I just found this out earlier today. In the years past, they have always started on the last Friday in January. Is everybody ready?

Glenn

6. Jeff Kleist

It's not a new season, it's just the second half of season 6

They're trying the "new season" BS to try to excuse why they waited 4 months to show completed episodes. Season 6 wrapped back in October, and Season 7 will start production in February with a June launch on SciFi

7. GeorgeTW

I certainly didn't expect this much negative response.
    You SG Grinches! You can't spoil my mondays [​IMG]
    And I remember well how un-deserving Euros got American programming first. I never could understand that.

8. Jeff Kleist

George, in the UK they are not counter-programming to networks. They don't have "sweeps" periods that cable networks avoid showing new episodes in. They also don't have reruns so they show the show straight through. Most shows synchronize so they end basically the same week, but last year SG-1 was OVER in the UK before the first ep of the second half ever aired here.
    Needless to say, I just use my happy-golucky sources and watch a month (or 3) early [​IMG]

9. Stephen Orr

Stephen Orr Screenwriter

My sister-in-law just picked up the SciFi channel, and we are gorging ourselves on past episodes fo SGSG1. MUCH BETTER THAN TREK! (Although we really miss Firefly....)

10. Jeff Kohn

Jeff Kohn Supporting Actor

For catching up on the early seasons, I recommend the DVD sets (you can rent them from places like Netflix). Not the best quality DVD's, but they're widescreen and still look better than DirecTV or cable.

11. LennyP

LennyP Supporting Actor

12. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

Wow, why are so many here so cranky while discussing this show? [​IMG]
    I like Stargate a lot. It's a solid, down-to-earth show with interesting characters and many story possibilities. Personally, I have never liked fantasy fiction (sorcerers, magic wands, elves & whatnot) and prefer what some call "hard" science fiction. I grew up reading Isaac Asimov, Ray Bradbury, Robert Heinlein, Frederick Pohl, Lester del Rey and Arthur C. Clark, among many others (I was quite upset with how the movie makers tore up Mr. Heinlein's "Starship Troopers" story).
    Why DON'T more people here discuss this cool show?
    http://www.stargate-sg1.com/home.html
    LJ

13. Jeff Kleist

I think it's mostly because finding it was very difficult. Unless you knew about the show in advance, you wouldn't think to look for it on Saturday afternoons(or like 4AM Sunday) on a broadcast station, or if you had Showtime.

It was a cable show on a subscription channel or buried in weekend syndication. More people have found it because of the box sets.

Considering that new episodes haven't started airing in the US yet, and that everything else is repeats that's why no one's discussing it.

I started a thread when the UK passed SciFi, but apparently there are only 2 of us on the HTF watching the imports.

Me, I just finished the new Maybourne episode 615. Top quality ep, great stuff, and unfortunately appears to be a sendoff for the character, though since season 7 is now a go that will hopefully change.

14. Danny R

Danny R Supporting Actor

Considering that new episodes haven't started airing in the US yet

The drought ends tonight at 9pm on SciFi.

15. GeorgeTW

Not sure about the rest of you, but the Asgard ship reminds me of a countertop plumbing fixture

16. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

And the SGC's "X-303" reminds me of.......I don't know but jeez it's ugly!
    Maybe later on in the season they'll give it a coat of snappy-looking paint and paint some flames and a scantily-clad woman on the nose. [​IMG]
    LJ

17. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

Oh yea: I thought tonight's episode was pretty good. I figured those replicators would turn into some kind of humanoid gizmo sooner or later.
    LJ

18. Glenn Overholt

Glenn Overholt Producer

And darn it! Why can't the captain name his own ship?

19. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

LOL i was waiting for RDA to say "Well they also rejected my 2nd one. Defiant"

20. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Reviving an older Stargate SG-1 thread.

Did anyone else notice in Friday's episode the Waffle House Daniel was in was the same one that the Dead Like Me crew hang out in. It was neat to see, kinda strange too, kept waiting to see Rube or George.

Did they do this intentionally or just a coincidence?