No SW:SE clips on Rogue Leader

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Boyd, Jan 29, 2002.

1. Michael Boyd

Michael Boyd Second Unit

I was on the phone and the preview screens for this game were cycling thru. Suddenly I noticed on all the Star Wars video clips I saw there was no Special Edition footage! Even the shot of R2 inside the X Wing was the old shot where his dome is black like space because of the blue screen effects. Not that I'm complaining, I prefer the original. Just thought it was odd because the Special Edition was supposed to be the only thing used now days.

2. Luke_H

Luke_H Stunt Coordinator

I do remember one SE shot, it was where Luke was about to jump in the pit of carcoon and you saw the beak of the monster. I believe that was a special edition addon.

Maybe they used both, just got my 2nd gold by the way.

3. Michael Boyd

Michael Boyd Second Unit

I didnt catch the beak on through the cycle. Hmm.

And second gold! Damn! This is a tough game for me. I'm doubtful I'll ever get a gold. And 15 would be impossible.

4. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I've got like 5 or 6 golds. Some levels are just too damn hard.

5. Neil M

Neil M Stunt Coordinator

The only other SE footage i can think of is the death star blowing up after the first level. I never really thought about it before but thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I got all 15 golds. It's not impossible. You just need to master and come up with strategies for each level. Speed and accuracy are the keys to getting gold. I never used different ships but some people think that helps. You guys should start another thread where you can talk about strategies.

6. Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper Screenwriter

I've got gold on every level except the Death Star Trench (1), and the Battle Of Endor (9). Those two levels are friggin impossible! I gave up trying long ago.

I even have a gold on the endurance level, which I opened up by creating a new game file and not unlocking the first two bonus missions, so I could save up enough points for endurance without having to get gold on everything.

7. Richard Kim

Richard Kim Producer

Actually, there IS SE footage in Rogue Leader. When the Death Star blows up, there's the extra shockwave ring ILM added in the SE. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the ending features the galactic celebration ending at the end of ROTJ:SE.

8. WilliamS

WilliamS Agent

HEY NEIL,

you got all the medals on Rogue? I'll buy a pre-loaded memory card off you.

No joke. I suck at the game, can't even beat the final stage were you have to escape from the death star.

What do you say?

Should I mail you a check for the memory card?

-Bill