What's new

No Sound with Panny RA-60 (1 Viewer)

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I'm stumped. Yesterday my DVD player worked fine, today I have picture but no sound.

I've checked and double checked all connections, settings on the Panny, tried multiple DVD's, and popped in a CD to check for sound with a regular CD. Didn't change a setting on any part of my HT between yesterday and today. No sound at all.

Is this a normal way for a DVD to take a dump and die? Could it be a cable? I'm totally at a loss...what am I missing?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Unplug the unit for a few minutes and check your digital connection. If it's an optical connection, is the cable kinked or bent? Straighten it up, reconnect, and plug the unit back in and see what happens.

Hate to say this, though: In their nearly seven years on the market DVD players have not exactly set the world on fire with their longevity or ruggedness.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Thanks Jack, I'll give it a go. I hear you about the longevity factor, this is the second DVD player I've had which has taken a dump after a years use.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks