What's new

No sound Marantz SR9600 (1 Viewer)

ggibney

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg Gibney
Marantz SR9600 working perfectly then no sound. Did factory reset, checked out and cleaned every board in receiver. Cleaned out headphone jack and Detoxit entire knobs, circuit boards. No error messages, display shows both stereo sides putting out watts, tried A and B and A +B - pure direct... I am at a loss as to why no power to external amps, or speakers.. Any suggestions ? Thanks

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Welcome to the forum? Perhaps the preamp outs are broken? I had that many moons ago on an old SR7300 OSE (orig. spec. ed.) I heard a piece of loose solder. I opened it up and could see the problem but since this was used in a old house in a secondary basement system in a 6.1 system (the rec'r was 6x110W from memory) and I had an amp for the center channel (since the room was really large - like 650-700 sq ft), I just left it alone as it would mean taking another board out to get to it and I knew I'd be upgrading within a year anyway (which I did and went to 8.1).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks