What's new

No sound from rears! (1 Viewer)

Garry Davidson

Auditioning
What an amazing site....glad I found it! As I am new to HT and relatively technologically challenged I am having trouble with my new system setup. My system consists of a Pioneer receiver, Toshiba DVD/CD player and 5 Pro Linear speakers and sub.

My problem is that I have lost sound from the rear surround speakers. The first DVD I watched had great sound (rears included) but this weekend...no sound. Any ideas what could have happened?

The speaker wires running to the rear speakers are jammed under the molding along the wall...could this be the problem?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
If this is with a different disc, or just a seperate occasion, the DVD player may not auto-default to the 'surround' track.

Check that....

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Your receiver should have a test tone that you can send to each speaker in turn. Try that. If the tone plays on all speakers, then the connections aren't the problem.

The first DVD I watched had great sound (rears included) but this weekend...no sound.
What do you meant by "no sound"? Do you mean dead silence, or just lower volume and less activity? Some soundtracks make greater use of the rear channels than others; it's just the way they're mixed.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks