What's new

No sound from center speaker apart from when playing a DVD (1 Viewer)

Jimmy101

Auditioning
Real Name
James Graham
Hi All,

I've just started having an issue with my surround sound. I have a Panasonic SA-PT170 system plugged into my Samsung TV using a HDMI Cable and Digital Optical cable. Up until recently the sound has been absolutely fine so I presume everything was set up & plugged in right. Last night the center speaker stopped producing sound while watching TV. After some testing I found out it still works when watching a DVD and I can play with the different surround sound settings to get just the center speaker playing but not all of them at the same time.

I feel like it could be something as simple as accidentally pressing the wrong button on the remote but I can't get it to work for the life of me.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

James

ArmSC

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tony
If you can get sound from the speaker from different inputs (DVD vs TV) it seems like a soundfield/soundmode setting. Put it back on the TV input and change it to auto or even a prologic II or other simulated surround setting. It's probably only getting a stereo signal from the TV and needs some another soundfield to output to all the speakers.

From the manual: Hit the surround button and make sure it's in manual. Hit the right/left buttons to scroll through until you get to the PLII Movie setting. That would be the best option for TV viewing with surround sound.

Jimmy101

Auditioning
Real Name
James Graham
Thanks for your reply. I've done exactly that earlier actually and it does seem to be alright now, took me long enough though.

Still baffling me how my sound has been absolutely fine up until last night though. Unless I've been oblivious all this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks