What's new

No sound from 1 channel, need help. (1 Viewer)

Matt Fisher

Second Unit
I'm running a pretty low end setup, but it's serving the purpose for now while I'm still in college. Anyways, I have a surround setup of Kenwood speakers, and seperate sub and center running through a Sherwood RD-7103 receiver and a JVC XV-SA75 DVD player. My problem is, when I playback some DVD-Audio discs through the 6-ch input, some discs don't seem to be playing anything back on the front left channel, even though they are surround discs (even on the stereo track on these select discs, I'm only getting sound on the front right). When I try other DVD-Audios, any DVD movie I have, and some DTS CD's I have, they all seem to be working fine from all channels. Is there any logical explanation for this?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That's pretty weird. Have you tried exchanging the discs for another copy? Are they Dualdiscs by any chance? Nearly every major manufacturer has issued warnings about potential compatibility problems with this type of disc.

Matt Fisher

Second Unit
Nope they're regular DVD-A's, I won't buy any DD. I'd consider changing the disc if it was a problem with only 1, but it's with like 2 or 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks