What's new

No sonotube in Home depot?!! (1 Viewer)

Mike Dr

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I ordered a Tempest, a PE 250W sub, a 4" port kit so i decided to go to home depot to pick up building materials..only to find the biggest sonotube they have is 12" !!! When I asked a salesperson if they were out of stock, he said that they only carry 8, 10 and 12's... if this really is the case, is there somewhere else I can get a sonotube??

thanks

dougW

Stunt Coordinator
Check under concrete supplies, and industrial products. Contractor supplies should be able to tell you where to go if they don't have it.

Lex

John LaB

Agent
Hoboken, NJ here. I ended up buying my SonoTube through Dyke's Lumber, in Hoboken. They werent the cheapest I found, but they had the best hours for me, and also had Baltic Birch.

I think I paid 96 for a 12' tube, 20" diameter. I did end up finding it for almost half that price, I believe the supplier was called Clayton Block. They might have been in Bayonne.

Price range seems pretty large, I found prices between 48 and 130 for 12' tubes.

I just used the yellow pages and searched around.

Good Luck

-jpl

Gil D

Supporting Actor
Mike,

I just had the same realization after visiting Home Depot looking for 18-20" diameter tubes. A Loewes store just moved in so I plan on giving them a call as well as a few local lumber stores.

One question I did have to all of the Sonosubbers, are all sonotubes created equal? If not, what should I be looking for. Home Depot carries the Quickcrete brand for example.

John LaB

Agent
Sorry Mike, but my girlfriend grabbed most of the left over pieces. Her 2 kittens ended up with a pretty intense scratching post type of thing...
Maybe you can hook up with someone else from the area. I would have definitely split a tube with you, I would think if you found someone else that wouldnt be a problem.
FYI...
When I picked up the tube, I did bring my Dewalt 18V kit. I found the Circular saw cuts much nicer than the SawzAll, but they both do the job. I managed to fit all 12', 20" diameter into a Grand Cherokee. :)
-jpl

Mike Dr

Stunt Coordinator
yeah.. i can see it'll be a problem with a honda accord coupe :) .. gonna have to rent me a truck it seems :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks