No Signal?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dennis F, Nov 22, 2002.

1. Dennis F

Dennis F Extra

Is there anything I can do. My dish is on my roof and it goes out every time it snows which has only been two times so far . Its snowing now and I have been without service for 12hrs so far. Even rain will mess up the signal. I have the HD dish and the 3 LBNs or what ever there called. Is there any thing I can do? Thanks all.

2. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Is snow building up on the dish or is snowing really hard and you are just losing signal? You can slow down snow buildup by spaying Pam or any non-stick cooking spray on the dish. You can stop buildup by adding a dish heater. If it is snowing hard, you may have to fine tune your dish's aim. What is your signal strength when the weather is nice? Check all of the transponders. I have high 80's to high 90's and I still lose the signal during thunderstorms.

-Robert

3. Dennis F

Dennis F Extra

Thanks Robert. A 95 B 72 C 91 this is the strength on clear days. All i get with the transponders is some action with (A) 20 thats it none with b and none with c.

4. Dennis F

Dennis F Extra

By the way where can one buy a heater for a dish?

Thanks Dennis

5. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

I have about those strength levels on clear days and only lose signal during very severe hailstorms, though it never snows here.

If you don't have snow building up on the dish itself, you may have moisture getting into some exterior cable connection and grounding out the signal.

6. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    I found a heater here for a 20" dish that should work. But, like Steve said, if you have a lot of wet snow in the air there's not much you can do.
    -Robert

7. Matt Meyer

Matt Meyer Stunt Coordinator

Are you shooting past trees at all? I noticed earlier this summer I was fading out during rain storms that never used to fade me out, it turned out I was clipping the leaves a bit knocking my signal down enough to cause rain fade with lighter rain. Just something to consider.[​IMG]
    Matt