What's new

No signal to HDTV from HTPC video card via DVI/HDMI adapter (1 Viewer)

I recently built on new HTPC. Components as listed:

HTPC CASE SILVERSTONE|GD01B-MXR BK
MB ASUS P5E3 PREMIUM/WIFI-AP @n
MEM 4X1GB DDR3 CORSAIR 1333
PSU CORSAIR|CMPSU-750TX 750W RT
CPU INTEL|Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40G 775
CPUCOOLER|ARCTIC P4
Vid Card ASUS EN9600GT/HTDI/512M
TV TUNER HAUPPAUGE|1128 HVR-1800
DVD: LG|GGW-H20L BLU BURN &HD ROM
WD Raptor 10000 RPM HD for OS
4 WD 1TB HD in RAID 5 configuration for net 3TB Media Storage

Build went well. Used computer monitor for initial set-up with DVI to VGA adapter. When I moved the unit to the home theater and connected it up I got no picture via DVI to HDMI adapter (Mitsubishi Diamond WD-73833 : 73"
1080p DLP® HDTV). I can get a picture from the S-video out from the card but that is at 480i. There is a S-video to component adapter in the box, but that would get me the digital signal and I'm not thinking that adapter would get me better than the 480i I'm getting already. Called ASUS and their tech immediately said I needed to return the card (didn't even ask me one question!) This makes no sense to me. I checked the nvidia controller, but no help there that I could find. I have to believe this is some type of a set-up problem. I've checked all the cables and they're fine. I haven't even evaluated the audio yet, so I'm expecting more problems there.

Anyone have any ideas?

Other suggestions on my set-up also welcome.

P

Has nobody run into this problem? More importantly, is there a solution?

In the meantime I have updated the NVIDIA control panel software and it has more features, including the ability to adjust the picture size precisely. Also, for now I am using the S-video to component adapter. I am getting a 1080i signal so the picture is MUCH improved, but I would like to use the HDMI.

Still would welcome a solution though!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks