No show for Michael McDonald SACD?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Alan_Horner, Jul 8, 2003.

1. Alan_Horner

Alan_Horner Stunt Coordinator

Ugh. Will I ever learn not to get my hopes up?

The Universal site has listed a July 15th SACD-hybrid release of Michael McDonald's new album Motown for several weeks now. But with no pre-orders available at any website I've come across just one week before the supposed street date, I'm guessing this is going to be a no-show. Even the upcoming release list at the ICE site doesn't show this as streeting next week.

Was really looking forward to this. Sheesh, you'd think that a major label's own web site would be able to get it right!

2. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    Maybe it will just be a short delay? I've been waiting for well over a year for Virgin to push King Crimson's IN THE COURT OF THE CRIMSON KING out the barn door. C'est la vie.[​IMG]

3. Alan_Horner

This must be "the forgotten title."

It's still listed as showing up today (07/15) on several websites, but I haven't seen or heard anything about this actually arriving. Is there any news on this? Egads! I almost picked up the regular CD version just to have a copy!!!

(Almost.)

4. Alan_Horner

Curiouser and curiouser.

Universal updated the SACD section of its music site and has posted the Michael McDonald Motown as being currently available. Huh! I think that's news to just about everyone but Universal.

They've also added Shania Twain's Up! SACD back -- MIA for a few weeks now -- to the "upcoming" page (08/12), which is line with what some online retailers have already listed.