What's new

No screen capture function on Powerdvd for Dell computer (1 Viewer)

Henry Woo

Agent
My new Dell computer arrived with the software Cyberlink Powerdvd 4.0 version loaded in. Was playing a dvd and wanted to do a screen capture but couldn't find that function. On the Cyberlink website, it definitely says that version 4.0 has the screen capture function.

Does anyone know anything about this? Does Dell only load a 'lite'/incomplete version of Powerdvd 4.0 on their systems? If so, I guess my only alternative is to buy the complete version.

Thanks for any advice that anyone can provide.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i can't remember for sure now...

but i think you should be able to press the "C" key.

LewB

Screenwriter
I've seen this same problem on my new Dell. I think I remember reading that the '4.0' version that is loaded on the Dell is actually uses the guts of version 3.0 I know I saw this tidbit on the Dell support page, I found this but it's not the posting that I was looking for.
Long story short, I think this will cost you some more money :angry:

RenoV

Agent
Have you tried disabling hardware accelleration in the options menu in PowerDVD? I had the same problem (not with a Dell though) and found out that screen capture only works in software mode...

LewB

Screenwriter
I have hardware acceleration disabled on mine and can't see a video capture option anywhere.

Henry Woo

Agent
Well, DELL's customer service initially thought that the software should be able to perform the screen capture function. That was the answer they gave me with my first two attempts. Finally, got an e-mail directly from Cyberlink stating that the versions licensed by Dell and loaded on their computers are not the full version of their software.

Am a little ticked off that after spending $3k on a computer, that Dell can't even pay a little bit more to license full/complete versions of the software that they load onto their computers.

First time that I dealt with Dell's customer service (after a week with my new computer). Proved to be a time-consuming and frustrating process. Hope it is not a sign of things to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks