What's new

No responses to Pinnacle threads... (1 Viewer)

DavidJL

Auditioning
Since I did a full search for info regarding the Performance of Pinnacle Speakers, and noticed that very few of them got any responses at all...

Im going to assume that Pinnacle speakers aren't worth the powder it would take to blow them up...

I have scanned the web for reviews and seen no responses either.

Can anyone substantiate that claim?

Are their Subs and (Non Quantum) Speakers just THAT bad?

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor
Did you read lots of negative stuff about them? If not, why would you assume they are bad? Not popular does not mean bad. Do a search on Bose and you'll find lots of talk, and yes they really are THAT bad.

DavidJL

Auditioning
I was hoping they weren't bad.. And Im not sure if they are, or aren't.. but it seems that whenever anyone starts talking about Pinnacle speakers... It's avoided like the plague...

Perhaps it's just that no one has Any experience with them whatsoever... Which is why there are no responses...

And again I start to wonder why no one has any experience with them...

Either way... Im just fishing for answers. :)

Tony Genovese

Supporting Actor
Have you heard them? Do you like them? They are a rather low profile company that has a reputation for building high value speakers. Buy what you like and hopefully like what you buy. What others think shouldn't mean much.

DavidJL

Auditioning
That was my biggest concern...

I havent heard them at all... But I have an In that can get them at a discounted rate (near or @cost), and I was wondering if I dumped the $600 on the Digital Sub 600, if that would be a good or bad Decision...

Either way, I thank you for your responses... hehe Makes me feel a little better.. :)

David,
Pinnacle makes excellent speakers.I've been a very happy owner of their products for about 3 or 4 years (Aerogel towers for the front L/R,Gold mini-center and Baby Boomer sub).Their website has links to reviews of some of their speakers.Earlier this year Home Theater Magazine had a rave review of the Quantum system.

RonJon

Auditioning
I can speak about Pinnacles a bit. You are correct, it is tough to find a lot of reviews about them but the ones you do find are all extremely positive. I bought the AC-650's about 7 years ago and they are an outstanding pair of bookshelf speakers. Buy.com still sells them I think and had a great deal on them about 2-3 weeks ago. I need to relocate mine as they are not video shielded and they now effect my new Sony Wega direct view TV. I ordered another pair of Pinnacles though. I found a pair of P5.2s on eBay for about $160 delivered which is a good price.
I bought the AC 650s on the blind without ever hearing them until they were hooked up to my home theater system as my front L/R. They will be moved to my basement HT system to replace a pair of classic mint condition EPI 100's.
I bought the P5.2s on the blind as well. Although smaller, they will work fine as my new L/R. The diagonal porting design Pinnacle invented is unique and it does work to produce amazing bass response from a smaller footprint speaker.
Pinnacles are a bit obscure but they are excellent speakers. Designed and built on Long Island I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks