What's new

No R2 BABYLON 5 Reviews yet? (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
The first season set was officially released today, and I've seen usenet posts from people who received their sets as far back as last Thursday, but so far I've seen no detailed comments or formal reviews of the set. I'm patiently waiting for next week's release of the R1 version, and realize that they won't be identical (the video is apt to differ somewhat in the PAL version for obvious reasons), but I would be interested in hearing someone's over-all impressions of the set, comments on the packaging, the extras, etc.

Anybody out there got one? Or know of a site that has a review up?

Regards,

Joe

Christopher E

Stunt Coordinator
Unfortunately, I haven't come across any professional reviews either Joe. I guess no one has time to review a science fiction season box set unless its trek. The wait for the R1 version is killing me!!! I haven't seen an episode of b5 since Space stopped brodcasting it in Canada. Oh well only one more week.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Having watched my VHS many many times I'm not paying as much attention as I should to the picture.
Personally it looks good to me. Nice and strong anamorphic picture - WB tend to give us very good transfers.
However, the original master is obviously pretty scratchy. White streaks etc, which I don't remember on VHS...But then this is DVD. Odd however to see that filmic look.
Of note is the introduction by JMS on the first disc. He's filmed 4:3 but the clips from the series in it are all anamorphic!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks