What's new

No Program Guide ? (1 Viewer)

Dave Pobuda

Stunt Coordinator
I am a newbie to TiVo so forgive my ignorance;) I have the Toshiba SD-H400 DVD/TiVo player. I have got everything hooked up and am really enjoying the TiVo features (I have not tried the TiVo plus yet,still getting used to the basic).
One thing I cannot figure out is when I go to TiVo Central and select "Showcase and Program Guide" I get the showcase on screen but cannot get a program guide.
If I use the guide button on the remote it takes me back to live tv and I get a program guide overlay on whatever show is on screen.
Am not sure if this is because I am using the Basic service or should I try resetting my cable company ?

TIA for your help.

Dave:D

GordonL

Supporting Actor
Did you allow it to dial-in to Tivo so it can download the guide information? If the Toshiba has the same menus as a regular Tivo, you can check the phone connection status by going to Recorder and Phone Setup->Phone Connection. It will show you the last time it dialed in and how much guide information is available.

Stephen Tu

Screenwriter
Wow, that one is so new that most Tivo vets aren't going to be very familiar with it. It's the first with "Tivo basic" software available, so there are bound to be differences from the standard full versions. You might try over at www.tivocommunity.com for help also.

When you hit "guide" and go to live TV and get the overlay guide, is it populated with the correct data, or is it just blank?

Dave Pobuda

Stunt Coordinator
I just checked the phone settings and there is no problem there. The overlay guide I see while watching live tv does have all the correct information in it. But when I go to TiVo central I only see the showcases no program guide. I will give tivo community a shot.

Thanks for your input,

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks