1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

No Power on my sub

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Malk d, May 11, 2002.

1. Malk d

Malk d Auditioning

[​IMG] I have just taken delivery of a paradigm servo 15 sub. tested worked well. have just swithced off sub and heard a big pop. I then moved the sub to the other side of the romm and the power will not come on the sub- what do i do? I have checked fuse on the plug and it is fine- i haVE ALSO TRIED SWAPPING POER SUPLLIES NO JOY. Can anyone please offer my some advice- should i send it back?
    Thank you in advance

2. Marc Rochkind

Marc Rochkind Second Unit

See if there's a blown fuse (easily accessible from the back, possibly covered by a plastic cap). Maybe it's a simple blown fuse, which you can cheaply replace. If it keeps blowing fuses, however, it should be returned.

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Since you say you checked the fuse, and you heard a "pop", I would say there is a good chance the amp is toast. Something in the circuitry is fried. I would get your dealer involved quick.

4. Malk d

Malk d Auditioning

Thank you for your posts . I have checked on the rear of the sub and there is no visible sign of a fuse. It is all sealed and accessible only by unscrewing the back cover. I think i will leave this alone and return it to the dealer.