What's new

No Ordinary Family season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
It was a good season finale. The only thing wrong with it is that I couldn't believe they went into the elevator. They know there are people there trying to kill them. It is just too much of a risk. Oh, well.

I do wonder about the CEO's grand plan. She is giving felons permanent powers and hopes to sell them to the highest bidder. What makes her think she is going to be able to control them? Dr. King kept them in check precisely because the powers weren't permanent. They always needed to come back to him for another dose.

Some of them may try to use her as a broker for their powers, but many are just going to go out on their own.

Anyway, they wrapped most things up and set up the second season quite well - in the unlikely event that there is one. At least we weren't left with a huge cliffhanger. People can buy the whole season set and be happy that they have a relatively complete and self-contained story.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
It was a good finale, hopefully not for the series. We are left to wonder what George's ability is. And what the baby can do, I saw that coming! The only thing that felt like the finale on V is those two NSA agents showing up at the end. They came out of nowhere, but as Neil already said, it sets up the next season. I was thinking about it this morning, seemed odd they decided to kill Dr. King's character off. He was evil, but he seemed to turn really cartoonishly evil here. It looked like something out of The Re-Animator. And i thought he may have softened recently, but i guess his obbession for Stephanie got the best of him. But it does appear they are heading towards this "Justice League" kind of change and to remove Dr. King set's up Mrs. X as the main villain for the Powells and now probably George to battle. The baby will probably be sought after by Mrs. X.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Nelson Au

I was thinking about it this morning, seemed odd they decided to kill Dr. King's character off. He was evil, but he seemed to turn really cartoonishly evil here. It looked like something out of The Re-Animator. And i thought he may have softened recently, but i guess his obbession for Stephanie got the best of him.
Dr. King's initial rejuvenation power from the serum made logical sense. He has cancer and the serum keeps him healthy to the max. We saw hints of this in his past interactions with Joshua and some others. His getting all of those other powers from another dose didn't follow and I wish they didn't do that and then had to kill him.

There is not yet any official word on whether there will another season or not. TV By the Numbers lists it as "certain to be cancelled," but it's not over until we get the word later.

Peter Rohlfs

Second Unit
Real Name
Peter Rohlfs
I thought it was a good ending, and a good set up IF they decide to continue.

But the working for the government agency could ruin the show. Remember how bad the last season of A-Team got? Hopefully this will be an occasional informal thing and not the structure of every episode.

Peter

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
This show is basically what Heroes should have been, with the escaped supers plotline being very reminiscent of what they did. It just worked better with all of the supers being interconnected instead of flung around the globe, with them only coming together in somewhat contrived ways. Also, it seems like they planned to discard King after one season, instead of keeping him around like Sylar (although, there was still plenty of room to bring King back). With Sylar, there were a few attempts to make him likeable, like when he was in the "buddy cop" episodes with HRG. Here, we got about ten minutes of likable King, but lest you start to think back and wonder if he maybe wasn't so bad, he immediately proved himself a bastard. As for suddenly developing powers, maybe he didn't. It could have been the injection, or he could have been lying like Palpatine when he said it was only keeping him alive. I don't think we'll see any more, but I think it thoroughly redeemed itself a while back.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

As for suddenly developing powers, maybe he didn't. It could have been the injection, or he could have been lying like Palpatine when he said it was only keeping him alive.

I don't think we'll see any more, but I think it thoroughly redeemed itself a while back.
Yes, the show really redeemed it self in the past few episodes. As far as King, he definitely had the "not dying" power from the serum and was just telling a half-truth when talking to the Powells. All the other powers from the extra serum injection appeared to be a new thing.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
If it continues, I say the baby has the power of healing.

As for George who knows. The way he's holding his hands up, maybe invisibility?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by JohnS

If it continues, I say the baby has the power of healing.

As for George who knows. The way he's holding his hands up, maybe invisibility?

We already knew the baby had some telekinetic power while in the womb, so presumably that would continue as well.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Ugh. That finale showcased the worst of NOF's writing. Stephanie doesn't hear the anxiety and urgency in Jim's "listen carefully", ignores a suspect simultaneous power outage, and continues with dinner in the dark? Katie has her water break, has a natural childbirth at home and is standing up chatting with her clothes unrumpled, in about 30 minutes?!?! Evil villain leaves good guy to die, unwatched? Ah, but they'll be knowing and comment on their on nonsense, making it ok? Everyone in the same elevator. Because after the five heavily armed men and electro-man, there's no way someone might cut the elevator cable or otherwise try to trap us! And then the NSA shows up looking for their help...sigh... Terrible ending. I'm done; won't watch if it returns next season.
Greg_S_H said:
This show is basically what Heroes should have been, ...
Huh? Heroes S1 is one of the great single seasons ever. Or do you mean the subsequent seasons?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Well, we're worlds apart. Heroes S1 was mostly crap until about midway through. Every time Niki was onscreen was just death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks