What's new

No need to double dip for Master and Commander (1 Viewer)

GregBe

Second Unit
I wonder how well Twentieth Century Fox is doing in sales for Master and Commander. I really like the fact that they released both the SE as well as the movie only single disc at the same time. For me, if I had originally bought the single disc and the 2 disc came along later I would not have upgraded. I was happy to spend the extra money the first time around on the SE though. I am sure that the studios delay more comprehensive releases for double dippers, but in my case they make more money by releasing them up front. I am sure they can do this. I have heard the excuse that they release the single disc to get it out quickly, and SE discs later so they can take their time. This is bull, becuase the SE of Master and Commander is awesome in extras as well as A/V quality.

Greg

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I kind of like the reverse of that better. The first to come out is the 2 disc version at, lets just call it the standard price, of around $20 or so. And then later on the studio releases a one disc package at discount price. Like what Dreamworks did with "Gladiator" and "Minoriry Report"

DavidKNML

Agent
The cost of the SE makes them not worth what you pay for. If they were $20 it be fair. The single disk version should also be cheaper. It would never happen since they make more money this way. The hard core fans get what they want and the people who just want the movie get that also. The problem is other companies are giving you the 2 disk SE's for the price they are charging for the single disk version. I feel ripped off.

I've only picked up one SE (Red Dragon) and the only reason was it was $10 used and the disks looked brand new.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks