What's new

No more HBO for me. *Sob* (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Because HBO was on channel 15, when I signed up for the ATT Broadband (was Media One at the time), the installer had remove the choke on the low channels on my cable hookup, and this allowed me to get HBO to show up on channel 15 gratis. (I didn't do anything illegal, I don't think, except not speak up).
After 2 years, ATT finally scrambled channel 15, so no more HBO for me at the moment. When the good shows return in the winter/spring, I will have to make a decision to introduce a cable box into the house and pony up the $$$ to subscribe to HBO. Sigh...
------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
"Band of Brothers" starts in a week and a half. Better get on your horse, now. :)
------------------
"If we blow up, whatever's left of me is kickin' your butt."

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Jeez, almost 7,600 posts. Incredible, Patrick.
Hey, I cancelled all my HBOs more than a year ago--and to this day I don't miss them. Not enough original programming to justify the cost for me--and I abhor pan and scan, so there you go.
------------------
2001-a.jpg

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
The DVD for Band of Brothers will probably be out sooner than you think.
I'd get HBO before March of next year so you can catch season 2 of Six Feet Under.
------------------
These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

Jodee

Screenwriter
You're going to miss Season 2 of Curb Your Enthusiasm!
I saw an ad for this the other day and was really excited.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
You're going to miss Season 2 of Curb Your Enthusiasm!
No big loss there, IMO. Of course, I thought "Seinfeld", for the most part, was junk. So there you go. :)
------------------
"If we blow up, whatever's left of me is kickin' your butt."

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
Wow!
People are as polarized about "Curb your Enthusiasm" as they are about "Planet of the Apes"!
I for one *love* CYE. It has to be the funniest show I have seen since, well, "Seinfeld".
The "Beloved Aunt" episode had me rolling on the floor laughing. And I am not one that laughs very hard at sitcoms.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks