What's new

No max power subs? (1 Viewer)

David Giesbrecht

Second Unit
So what's with these car audio dudes alway's talking about their Cerwin Vega no max power subs? Has anybody here ever heard of such a thing, sounds whacked to me.:confused:

Jake K

Stunt Coordinator
Oh god please no NOT CERWIN VEGA!!!

Sounds like they can take so much power that no car amp has enough power to destroy it, but how powerfull do those amps get?

Mark gas

Second Unit
Oh god please no NOT CERWIN VEGA!!!

Sounds like they can take so much power that no car amp has enough power to destroy it, but how powerfull do those amps get?
6000 watts or so RMS.

If you have a DVC that could be 12000 watts, one amp per coil and then you have QVC's and OVC's.

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Of course, all that is thermal power handling and not mechanical. I can't really say I care if I can give a driver 250 kilowatts of power if it only has 10mm Xmax. :D

Oh I just LOVE those kids and their over sub'd Honda's. You pull up at a light and you think your in an earth quake! I would love to take a ballpean hammer to their sub box. I can't see how that much bass is good. I once saw a guys subwoofers unscrew his licence plate screws and drop his plate right on the street! Maybe that's why everytime I talk to a kid under 28 years old they all answer "HUH?" Cause they are deaf!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks