no luck trying to contact the Outlaws by phone???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Serge Breton, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Serge Breton

Serge Breton Supporting Actor

I tried to call the Outlaws using the two 1-866 numbers found on their website and had the operator say these numbers were not in service. Has anyone had any luck? I'm trying to get some info on the 950 as to when this thing is going to ship. The beta testers have been released for a few weeks now so these units should be shipping, i know we are close so maybe the Outlaws can divulge info as to when we can expect emails related to order confirmation.

2. Brian Corr

Brian Corr Supporting Actor

They have stated at least a dozen times not to call and ask that very question. They will send out emails when they are ready to ship. I am guessing 3 weeks! [​IMG] hehe

3. Serge Breton

Brian,

i may have PURPOSELY missed that one! I'm not trying to stir the pot here, i just want my 950, that's all. With all the Lexicon, Rotel and other prepro posts it is getting very tempting to go over the budget and buy a competing product. I'm trying to sit tight, i really am.

4. Brandon B

Brandon B Second Unit

I cannot imagine they would even consider hinting at another ship date, much lees actually pre-announcing it.

Since RAF got his working remote, and that was one of the hangups, it's gotta be in the next 2 weeks.

Doesn't it? Please?

BB

Stuck in DPL I Hell

5. brian a

brian a Second Unit

Not wanting to take calls on the ship date of the 950 doesn't necessarily explain the phone lines not working. Especially if those are the same numbers as support calls for existing products like the 1050 or the ICBM. I suspect there's a bigger problem than them just taking the phone off the hook. [​IMG] Almost certainly something on the Telco side, unless the numbers are posted incorrectly on the site.

6. RajeeK

RajeeK Second Unit

Don't worry, I heard the 950 will be out....eventually.

7. Ashford Little

Ashford Little Stunt Coordinator

I just tried to call Scott @ Outlaw on a different matter and got his voice mail saying that he would be out of the office from last Thursday until Tuesday, March 11th. Calm down guys it will ship soon.

Now about the next preamp/processor - you know the one with IEEE1394...

8. Serge Breton

maybe i should have not started another Outlaw thread. There is no reason for their phone lines to be down however. The one # i called is the sales telephone # for placing orders.

There was a link to the Outlaw forum from a poster that said the phone lines were taken out by a tree or something, i though of this as a joke and was amusing at the time but why the heck would there be phone #'s posted on their site if they are not currently active.

I'm not looking to start any trouble here, if the remotes were a problem so be it. I'll take my 950 without the remote for now and can get the final remote later. Yes i'm now desperate! With the Beta tester being released and the chinese new year being officially over there should be no further excused and delays. Pop in the Eproms and let's get the show on the road.

9. Michael Yung

Michael Yung Stunt Coordinator

Serge, where did you make the call from? I try calling them from my office before and couldn't get through as well and it turns out this is because of the PBX phone setup in my office doesn't not recognize 866 as toll-free numbers. So if you're trying this from work, maybe you should try with cell phone or from home instead.

10. Greg W L

Greg W L Agent

Many 800 numbers (and 900/877/866 etc)that are based in the US do not work from Canada.

11. Serge Breton

i called this same number a month ago or soand spoke with them directly. Whatever may have happened i should have just emailed Outlaw about the matter rather than make a bigger deal about it and post on the forum. I have not tried to phone since yesterday but this does seem strange regardless.
    Maybe their server/email system is also acting up which would explain the DELAY with receiving our emails[​IMG]

12. Rich Malloy

Rich Malloy Producer

I just called the 866 number this morning - and ordered an optical and a 1050!