What's new

No love for Davinci Code Extended Edition? (1 Viewer)

SVTStingRay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel
with angels and demons coming out soon, why hasnt their been any news about a blu ray release of the davinci code? at the very least a extended edition dvd (which made the film that much better IMO, tom hanks mullet not withstanding)

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
What is Angels and Demons' release date?
I would think that we wouldn't see an announcement of DaVinci Code BD until a couple months before A&D theatrical release.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Did they ever release an extended version? I remember when I reviewed the original DVD they were planning one, but I don't recall anything being released (at least in the US).

SVTStingRay

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Daniel
no they never released the extended edition in the usa, i had to order mine from evilbay from region 3.

may 15 2009 is the release date for the new movie angels and demons

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I didn't even know there was an extended version out there. Does the current dvd have deleted scenes even?

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
The current extended edition brings the film to just under 3 hours (the added scenes amount to about 25 mintues worth)...some of the included scenes are:

Sophie threatening to deface 'The Madonna of the rocks' to aid her and Langdon's escape from the Louvre

Flashbacks of Silas killing the other Senechaux

Silas' escape from Prison

Collet discovering the surveillance room

Fache debriefing and apologizing to Langdon and Sophie

A scene is which Sophie and Langdon discuss religion during the flight sequence.

Also, many verbal exchanges between characters in many scenes are extended.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Here is what DVDCompare.net posted regarding the releases...Also, a link of where to find the R3 Extended. I may hold off personally, just in case a BD comes out around the time of Angels and Demons, which hits theaters in May and will probably be on BD itself this time next year.

Rewind @ www.dvdcompare.net - Da Vinci Code (The) (2006)

the film comes out to 175 minutes, and also includes an English DTS track.

Film Details: The Da Vinci Code [Australia SE 2-Disc Extended Version] DVD | Dir.: Ron Howard | Cast: Tom Hanks, Audrey Tautou, Ian McKellen, Jean Reno, Paul Bettany, Alfred Molina, Jurgen Prochnow

YESASIA: The Da Vinci Code Complete Box (First Press Limited Edition) (Japan Version) DVD - Audrey Tautou, Tom Hanks, Sony Picture Entertainment - Japan Movies & Videos - Free Shipping - North America Site

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebox
Recent bookmarks