No Lite-On DVD-ROM support?!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Parris, Feb 10, 2003.

1. John Parris

John Parris Stunt Coordinator

Okay, I have traced my DVD playback problem to issues with my DVD-ROM... but when I go to update the drivers for it... I find that they're non-existant! I can't find a single mention of ANY of lite-on's DVD-ROM products ANYWHERE on thier MULTIPLE websites!!

[​IMG]

Am I missing something? Where in the world are the drivers, FAQs, product manuals...ANYTHING about thier DVD-ROM drives?! ANY support at ALL?! What's the deal??

2. Bill Slack

Bill Slack Supporting Actor

You don't need any specific drivers for the drive. Try upgrading the drivers for your IDE controller.

3. John Parris

John Parris Stunt Coordinator

Ok-- I had to get some third-party programmed firmware to get it to work properly... odd.

4. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

And I don't think Lite-On "makes" anything. I have a drive from them, it's a toshiba (maybe OEM'd be them, but who knows). Bios recognizes it and says Toshiba.

-Vince

5. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

Lite-On makes drives for half of the companies out there at least CD-ROM/CDRW wise, not positive about DVD-ROMs.

John, is it the 163D? If so there's a nice little mod out there to region free it if you're interested. (hope that was ok to post)

6. Brian E

Brian E Screenwriter

Dupe