What's new

"No Lemon" Policy (1 Viewer)

Mike Loiterman

Stunt Coordinator
I'm currently dealing with a broken Sony 36 TV. Its been repaired once and will be repaired for a second time on Monday.
Fortunetly, I purchased the Extended Service Plan from Cicuit City so I'm covered by what they call a "No Lemon" policy.

According to this policy after two repairs, if the product exhibits the same problem, the product will be replaced under their No Lemon policy.

I haven't asked for a replacement...YET. But I will if the TV is not fixed after this repair.

My question is this: does anyone have any experience with Circuit City's "No Lemon" policy in dealing with a TV or an item costing over, say, $1500?

According to the documenattion I have, they say no questions will be asked, but I find that hard to believe. This is basically a $2000 dollar item. I have to believe that they will do EVRYTHING in their power to not replace the TV or stonewall me into giving up.

Just wanted to see if anyone has had any experience in dealing with this, and if so what they did to facilitate a replacement.

BTW I have two pages of EXTREMELY detailed notes documentating everything that has been done, promises made, dates, times, and names of people I have spoken with.

Jim FC

Stunt Coordinator
The thing to keep in mind that CC is paying to fix your TV over and over again, so they are probably nearly as eager to get you a working TV as you are. Sure, it's a $2000 item, which means that CC probably made $700 selling it to you. It's not at all uncommon for a TV repair to run into and beyond the $300 range. So three repairs like that and CC's in the hole, and on top of that their customer is POed because his TV doesn't work. Giving you a new TV both puts and end to their repair bills, and keeps you as a customer. I would anticipate no trouble getting a new set under CC's no-lemon policy, should your TV fail again.

When something is replaced under an extended coverage, that usually fulfills the seller's obligation under the coverage, which means you must decide if you want to purchase a new extended coverage on the replacement TV. Considering the problems you've had already, I'd say this would be a wise idea.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
It should be very simple. They know their policy and they have to follow it.

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
ive had 3 computer replaced by CC with their "no lemon" policy. it work great!!!

l8rz,
Deepak Jr.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks