1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

No Internet Connection

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Ron1973, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Ron1973

Ron1973 Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

Ron Reagan (not that one!)
    Fellow Home Theater friends, my parched lips come once again to the pool of knowledge for a drink!

I have an older computer, an Acer I got about 5 years ago, and it still does great. I'm on it right now typing this as a matter of fact. Every few days now, it will come out of hibernation mode and tell me "No Internet Connection." I've plugged/unplugged my cable and every other device in the house has Internet besides this one.The only thing that will allow it to reconnect is to restart it.

I'm certainly not at a point I can buy another computer, though in terms of newness, this one is obviously an antique by new standards. It still does everything I need it to do. Any thoughts on what is causing this? Thanks!

2. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

Check the Windows power settings. The ethernet adapter may be getting shut off when the PC is hibernating.

John Dirk, Tony Bensley and Jimbo64 like this.
  3. BobO'Link

BobO'Link Producer

Howie
    I'd even go so far as to disable hibernation. It can cause lots of issues. Just let the system go to sleep and be sure to not allow the NIC to be turned off in sleep mode.

Tony Bensley and John Dirk like this.
  4. John Dirk

John Dirk Screenwriter
    Supporter

JOHN
    I suspect the suggestions above will remedy the issue but if not, you don't need a new computer. A new network card will probably do and those are dirt cheap.