What's new

No Internet Connection (1 Viewer)

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Fellow Home Theater friends, my parched lips come once again to the pool of knowledge for a drink!

I have an older computer, an Acer I got about 5 years ago, and it still does great. I'm on it right now typing this as a matter of fact. Every few days now, it will come out of hibernation mode and tell me "No Internet Connection." I've plugged/unplugged my cable and every other device in the house has Internet besides this one.The only thing that will allow it to reconnect is to restart it.

I'm certainly not at a point I can buy another computer, though in terms of newness, this one is obviously an antique by new standards. It still does everything I need it to do. Any thoughts on what is causing this? Thanks!

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I suspect the suggestions above will remedy the issue but if not, you don't need a new computer. A new network card will probably do and those are dirt cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks