What's new

No HDR in Windows(VSX-1130) or No HD-MA through ARC (1 Viewer)

NvidiaVelodyne

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith
I have a VSX-1130k and a Sony X850D 4KHDR playing 4K H265 files from my GTX1070s . I am new to the whole forum thing. I usually resarch myself bit this is driving me crazy. Windows wont recognize the AV receiver as HDR10 but does when its connected directly to the TV. I would love to run one HDMI cable through the Pioneer receiver to my TV and have my cake and eat it too with HDR and HD Master audio coming from the computer. The Sony x850d from 2016 I think I have not been able to get it to pass full HD audio through the audio return Channel it will only do up to 5.1. Is this the page for this or can someone direct me to a thread for complicated questions.

NvidiaVelodyne

Auditioning
Real Name
Keith
Ok so I found the info on the reason lossless HD-MA or TrueHD wont come through ARC because it dosent have the bandwith. So now I just have to get Windows 10 HDR10 switch to stay on when going through my Pioneer VSX-1130 .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks