What's new

No Groundhog SE DVD at Best Buy Today; Did I Miss A Memo? (1 Viewer)

MichaelG

Second Unit
None here in Houston either, had someone check it on a store computer and they had none ordered. The girl said that it might have been delayed (I guess as an excuse). The Best Buy I go to (on Richmond across from City Streets) always has had new releases on the correct release date, this is the first that I can remember that they haven't had.

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Seth...I would have to say it is the catalog titles that Best Buy sucks at. I have never had a problem getting new releases from Best Buy but have had to go elsewhere to get the catalog releases. They run anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks late on getting those in the store.

Mike Russell

Agent
I went by BB yesterday and no GHD SE. Drove a couple miles to Fry's Electronics here in the bay area and they had many. Paid $19.99.

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
I used to frequent Best Buy a lot, but more and more I find myself going other places for my DVDs. Yesterday's incident is yet another reason why. For a title as popular (this is my perception here) as GHD, I would have thought Best Buy would make every attempt to not only have it in stock on Tuesday, but to offer it at a one-week sale price (which usually is very competitive with any other source). In the absence of that, and not wanting to pay extra for it, I ordered it from DeepDiscountDVD.com today. I'm in no rush - heck, I have a backlog of DVDs to keep me happy!

Jon_B

Screenwriter
I was unable to find this dvd at any store in my town. :frowning: No one had an explanation for me. Hopefully it will be out by next week.
Jon

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
I think BB was the only retailer in town that didn't have this on release day. I picked it up at Suncoast for 24.99. BB's been real bad lately at getting some of the new releases in, and terrible about having their sale titles in stock (Copland, Airplane). Oddly enough, they have been getting a lot of obscure titles in (Lagaan, Center of the World, a few others I can't think of right now), but are terrible about new catalog releases and other items that I think would appeal to a more mainstream audience.

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
Hey Michael, that's the Best Buy I shop at too! However, they never get catalogue re-releases, and if they do they always sell out. I had to go to Wherehouse to get Glory and Highlander 4, so I almost never bother with Best Buy anymore! You just gotta order this stuff online nowadays.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
And now, a repeat of Bart's post for those who forgot to bring a microscope. :D
My faith in them is restored: I found a mislabeled 'Chasing Amy: CC' for $9.99!

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
FYI - I saw one copy of the Groundhog Day SE at the local Circuit City (Rancho Cucamonga) last night for $19.99.

Shane L.

Auditioning
I actually found a copy of Groundhog Day SE at Best Buy today. They had two copies available (count them, TWO!) I don't know if they had two copies left or they only ordered two copies, but I've been waiting to get my hands on this ever since it originally came out which was Jan. 29th.

Brett Jason

Stunt Coordinator
Damn, I was at the Dedham BB yesterday and didn't even think to look since it wasn't there a few weeks ago. The Pats DVD's were flying off the shelf though, huh Marc ? :)

MichaelG

Second Unit
Low and behold, the Houston BB that I frequent finally had this available for $19.99. How many weeks late is that? I wouldn't have even know if I wasn't going there to pick up Say Anything for $12.99.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks