What's new

No Groundhog SE DVD at Best Buy Today; Did I Miss A Memo? (1 Viewer)

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
I was surprised to find out that Best Buy in Columbia, MD (greater Baltimore area) had not received any Groundhog Day SE DVDs today as of about 2:30 PM EST. When I asked an associate about it, he looked in the computer and indicated no Best Buys in the Baltimore area had received any yet. Assuming this info is true, can anyone verify if they were able to get a copy of this DVD at a Best Buy?

I did find it at Borders but the price was pretty high (compared to online sources).

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
After looking this up today, I just knew that I'd be seeing something about it on the forum tonight. :)
None of the stores in my district (Kansas and Oklahoma) received any copies of the Groundhog Day SE. What's more, none of the stores have any copies on order yet, either.
There are at least several thousand copies on order at the distribution warehouse, but they have apparently not made it into that warehouse yet. Once they hit the warehouse (maybe within a week or so), then it'll take another week or so for the individual stores to get them in. I'm not going to speak for any store other than the one I work in, but I would imagine that this might be the case company-wide.
Unless we get a rush drop-shipment from Columbia in the next few days (not too likely), I'm not expecting to see any copies at my store for at least a week and a half to two weeks. Hopefully sooner.
-mwb-

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
I was at a Best Buy in Tampa tonight and they had none either. However, I did not ask any of the employees.

Chuck King

Agent
My experience with Best Buy is that they seldom have DVDs in stock on the day of release. The store I went to didn't even have Phantom Menace on the day of release!

Chuck King

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Best Buy has really gone done hill, about stocking movies on the day of release. It usually takes them 1-2 weeks to get them in, after the release date. When I ask and I get that response, I just tell them...."Ok, thanks. Guess I'll have to go to WOW! or Circut City!"
No Groundhog Day SE in Vegas either
Best Buy Should really check their calendars. Afterall, Groundhog day is this weekend is it?:0

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
None in San Antonio either. I went across the street and got it at CC for the same price. I'm watching this on Saturday, so mail-order is not an option this time.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Many people over at DVDTalk were saying the same thing today. It looks like VERY few if any BBs had it today. I'm going to the BB here in Albany tomorrow to pick up Rat Race. I'll check to see if they have GD (thankfully, I got it at DDD).

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I was shocked that wasn't in the flier first of all. This is a big release in my book, and then for Best Buy to not have it, I knew something was fishy. I asked a clerk and they said that it was delayed until next week, and I'm assuming it's over the screwed up artwork that lists a DTS soundtrack that doesn't exist.

Oh well, I guess I'll wait until next Tuesday. I am very surprised that nobody else has mentioned this delay though.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm going to the BB here in Albany tomorrow to pick up Rat Race. I'll check to see if they have GD
Don't bother, Scott. They didn't have any today and didn't sound like they would be getting any any time soon.

Don't look at Circuit City for one either. I got their only copy today. Wal-Mart and K-Mart did not have copies either. They only got in Atlantis today. I did, however, find copies at Borders and Barnes & Noble. But like someone else posted they were much more expensive, $23.99 and $24.99. The lone copy at CC was $19.99.

Looks great. No DTS (like we already knew), but it was still listed on the artwork.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I asked a clerk and they said that it was delayed until next week, and I'm assuming it's over the screwed up artwork that lists a DTS soundtrack that doesn't exist.
The clerk telling you it was delayed is BS. I saw the disc at 2 local B&M's (which shall remain nameless) last Thursday, 5 days before release. It was not delayed. BB screwed up, and now they're making excuses for it.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I got GD at Target... for $14.99 ;)
They forgot to change the price from the standard edition on the shelf, then put the special editions in the same space. So when it rung up $19.99 I kindly pointed it out.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I got the Beverly Hills Cop trilogy at The Future Shop today so on Thursday I'll try Wal-Mart and Zellers for Groundhog Day. :)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Lasers Edge got their's in as well.
Is it catalog titles that BB sucks at (seems like it) or are they also missing new release stuff as well?
I don't browse their DVD sections nearly as much now. I pretty much stick to the hometown LE. This thread subject is one of the reasons for that. :)

Gabe D

Senior HTF Member
I did the exact same thing as RobLutter. Saw it at Target, it said $14.99 on shelf, rang up $19.99 but they changed it for me. I was in there again yesterday (it's the closest grocery to my house) and they had marked it up.

Horatio Jones

Stunt Coordinator
I had the same problem, no groundhog day or sandlot, so I went over to coconuts, over paid for each disc by about 2 bucks and went home :)

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I ordered it from Amazon and it arrived on street date yesterday.

John Stone

Supporting Actor
My local Best Buy didn't have Groundhog Day SE either. When I asked about it, the kid took me to the old version and insisted that it was the new SE. I knew better, of course, and told him that he was mistaken, and to please stop telling people that.
They only had one copy of The Sandlot and one copy of Breaking Away, both in the "comedy" section (??), and both were not in correct alpha order and difficult to locate.
The last time my wife picked up DVDs at Best Buy, she couldn't find the new Vista Series Sixth Sense and the salesperson took her to the old DVD and insisted that it was the "best version out", so she bought it. I had to return it the next day for the Vista Series version (which was also $3.00 less).
:thumbsdown:

Shawn C

Screenwriter
No Groundhog Day SE in Vegas either
The Best Buy at Rainbow & Lake Mead has ALWAYS been excellent about stocking new releases on Tuesday until recently. They didn't have Tron for at least 2 or 3 days. I had to eventually go to Wal-Mart to buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks