What's new

No Great Pumpkin this year? (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Unfortunately, the more complete live-action 1973 Hallmark Hall of Fame version is still missing. This should have been a feature film, but they stopped doing theatrical features for a while after their non-musical vacation to France and they could not squeeze an extra half hour out of CBS despite their two-part live-action Alice in Wonderland musical extravaganza the same year.*

Snoopy!! The Musical is most notable because of the song "Just One Person" which became more closely associated with The Muppets as it fits them better than it fit the Peanuts characters.

*IIRC whenever CBS reran the four features, which they often did on Thanksgiving afternoons in addition to prime time, they were cut down to fit a 1 hour running time.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Since I assume I'm not alone around here in picking up the 4k set late last year, have any other recent buyers opened their purchase yet? I did earlier this morning and seem to have problems. The inside of the plastic case seems to have oils on it and it's on the discs as well.

It's not even old stock apparently, since the one disc I popped in was the non 4k version of 'It's a Great Pumpkin' and it has 'Charlie Brown's All-Stars' on it (Originally, the accompanying Halloween and Thanksgiving regular Blu-Ray's were just reissues of the original 2010 releases without the extra tv special added to each UHD disc). Rather disappointing to discover.

While I know this thread is specifically about streaming, if anyone has any advice on cleaning these discs and a quality 6 disc replacement case with correct dimensions for the original case insert and slipcover, I'd appreciate it. I could go see if my Big Lots still has season 1 of I Love Lucy on Blu-Ray for $5 (Right number of discs and correct dimensions), but I just don't have the heart to gut such a nice release.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LarrySonyMHC