No Franchise Mode= No Buy!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bergan Peters, Dec 13, 2001.

1. Bergan Peters

Bergan Peters Stunt Coordinator

That should be the motto of the video games forum here. I just read that NBA Inside Drive 2002 (The B Ball counter part of NFL Fever 2002) will NOT include a Franchise mode this year. Doesn't Microsoft understand WHY EA Sports games are so popular? The REPLAY value stupid idiots, not the gameplay. I don't CARE that Fever looks better than Madden, I care that my friends and I can all participate in a season mode together, for 30 virtual years. Granted I enjoy sim like gameplay too, that's why I took a pass on NBA Live 2002 and will wait for NBA 2K2.

2. Rob Varto

Rob Varto Supporting Actor

I couldn't agree more. I'll never purchase a sports game unless I can do offseason moves, drafts, etc. That's more than 3/4 of the entertainment to me. Some day these developers will get it right. I like Madden's model but it's just too easy to build a stud franchise. Players develop too quickly. Have these guys actually reviewed the Cincinnatti franchise and realize that a first round pick doesn't equal stud player?