no email notifications?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick R. Sklenar, Jan 15, 2002.

1. Patrick R. Sklenar

Patrick R. Sklenar Second Unit

Ron & Parker,
    I hate to start another "email notifications" thread, but the other ones appear to be resovled for those involved.
    However, I've not received a single email notifcation in roughly a week. My email address is valid (heck, I had 102 emails when I got home last night [​IMG] ) and I'm subscribed to roughly two dozen threads ... a couple of which are quite active lately. But not one email's come thru. I tried turning off "notification", saving my profile, logging off & back on and then turning it back on - the thought being that it need to be reset some how - to no avail. Any thoughts?
    Thanks,

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Patrick:

You should be getting an email on every thread that you have subscribed to. Are you still subscribed to them? Did you check in the User Control panel and see if you are still subscribed to them?

Parker

3. Patrick R. Sklenar

I just checked again. When I select "Show all subscribed threads", I end up with a list of 18 threads. I've not received an email from any of them. It's not my fault, is it? I mean, I didn't break it, did I? [​IMG]

4. Parker Clack

Parker
    Patrick:

Well, someone has to post to the subscribed thread for you to get an email.

What are some of the links to the threads that you are following?

Parker

5. Patrick R. Sklenar

Parker,
    The I am so sick of waiting on Outlaw!!!! thread has been quite active over the past week or so (nearly 100 posts in that time). I realize that many of my watched threads aren't being posted to, so I won't get emails, but this one in particular is cretainly being posted to! [​IMG]
    Thanks,

6. Patrick R. Sklenar

Parker,
    For another example ... I subscribed to the new ***Official Outlaw 950 Thread *** thread immediatedly after Robert created it ... his was the only post in there. I haven't received a single email (and it's up to 26 posts as I write this. In fact, I haven't received email notices for your two replies to this thread! ANd yes, "Email Notification" is checked. [​IMG]
    Thanks,

7. Parker Clack

Parker
    Patrick:

I am not sure what is going on with your setup as I am getting all my email notifications as I always have, except now I don't have to return to the forum to read them all. I am even getting your responses to this thread.

I wish I knew what to tell you.

Parker

8. Jason Price

Jason Price Second Unit

I actually have the same problem - no emails from any subscribed threads, even though they show in my subscription list...

9. Parker Clack

Parker
    Jason:

That is weird because I got emailed your response to this thread.

Parker

10. Patrick R. Sklenar

Parker,

I beleive I know what the problem is ... I've got multiple email accounts. So I did some testing.

1. With both the FROM & REPLY-TO fields blank, neither email provider would accept the message. Both kicked back "550" and "No Relaying" errors.

2. With just the FROM blank and a valid REPLY-TO, the email went thru.

3. With the REPLY-TO blank and but with a valid FROM, I received this error: