No DVD Decision 2005?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Ken Koc, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Ken Koc

Ken Koc Screenwriter

Ken Koc
    Has Warners's discontinued the DVD decision for 2005?
    I have not heard anything about it yet
    I can't imagine why WB would not want to hear from the public their choices..

2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert

I can because I think they already have a pretty good idea what the public wants by just reading this forum as well as other internet sites and gathering requests from their classic movies channel. That DVD Decision was nothing more than a marketing tool to begin with and now that the classic movie craze is in full bloom, I don't think it's necessary for them to continue that campaign. I'm sure others will disagree with my comments, but it's just my opinion on this situation.

Crawdaddy

3. Ken Koc

Ken Koc Screenwriter

Ken Koc
    But it seems the base of voters was higher through TCM.... although I was not particularly pleased with this years results.

4. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert

Which is why I don't think that marketing campaign is necessary because they get great feedback from TCM as well as this site and those that are similar to us. Warner reads this site daily, make no mistake about it. Just look at those titles they're releasing and you will see a correlation between requests posted here and those titles that are coming out.

5. Jing_B

Jing_B Stunt Coordinator

As long as they release Greed (1924)

6. FrancisP

FrancisP Screenwriter

I think that a DVD Decision Day would draw a wider audience than these forums do. Forums do not draw enough people to make a firm decision on what to release. That holds true no matter whether the subject is dvd or politics.

I do notice that TCM seems to run some movies over and over. I don't know whether they do it because these films
    do fairly well ratings wise or whether its a matter of contracts. Maybe the home video people ought to look at what has done well and what hasn't.